Generation Radio - s/t

Aktuelle und brandneue Alben

Moderator: Heiko

Antworten
djrene

Generation Radio - s/t

Beitrag von djrene »

Erst fand ich es ein wenig lahm und das Drum-Intro ist eigentlich völliger Blödsinn, aber das ist ein klasse Song. Chicago mit etwas mehr Gitarren. VÖ 5. August

chhe66de

Re: Generation Radio - s/t

Beitrag von chhe66de »

Gefällt mir.
Ist das Jason Scheff ?
Chicago fand ich immer schon gut. Vor allem eine geniale Live Band, wenn auch in Deutschland rar mit Auftritten. Ist auch wie bei Foreigner bei denen entschuldbar, dass so gut wie keiner mehr von der Orginal Besetzung dabei ist. Klingt trotzdem immer noch authentisch.

djrene

Beitrag von djrene »

Ja, das ist Scheff.

Bonne

Beitrag von Bonne »

Frontiers Music Srl is pleased to announce the release of the upcoming self-titled debut album from Generation Radio, a colossal new rock group centered around the combined talents of Jay DeMarcus (Rascal Flatts) and Jason Scheff (longtime lead vocalist of Chicago), on August 5, 2022. Today, the band has released the first single and video from the album, 'Why Are You Calling Me Now?'. Watch the video HERE:
Fans of classic AOR in the style of Journey and Chicago are going to absolutely lose their minds when they hear Generation Radio's stunning debut.
Pre-order/save "Generation Radio" on CD/LP/Digital HERE: https://orcd.co/genradio
In the beginning of 2020, Generation Radio came together with the intent to form a band with a purpose - to bring classic 80’s rock back to life. As their self-titled debut illustrates, mission accomplished! Two-time Grammy award winning bassist Jay Demarcus of the hugely popular country act Rascal Flatts and Jason Scheff, who was lead vocalist and bass player for the multi-platinum band Chicago for over 30 years, are joined by drummer/vocalist Deen Castronovo (Journey, Revolution Saints) guitarist Chris Rodriguez and guitarist Tom Yankton in Generation Radio.
"This music is the best of all of us. Everyone in this band sings and contributes in a huge way. Jason is not only one of my best friends, but he is also one of my all-time favorite singers, and his performances on this record are stellar. Deen is among the very best drummers in the world, but he is also a world-class singer. In fact, I’m convinced Journey heard him with us, and immediately wanted him back in the band! I’m kidding, of course, but we were fortunate to have him on this 'journey'. Finally, Chris and Yankton are veterans and some of my favorite musicians and singers. Chris and I go back to our early days together in Christian music. It is a true honor to make music with people who you respect so much, and hold in such high regard," says Jay Demarcus.
"My partner Jay [DeMarcus] had the idea to fuse Rascal Flatts with Journey and Chicago, so that's what we did. Jay had several songs over the years that he'd co-written, exhibiting all his influences. There was no surprise he listened to a lot of Journey and Chicago! Those songs became the catalyst for the band and we rounded it out with some songs written specifically for the album that were in keeping with that theme. There's no other way to put it other than when you listen to this record you will hear a beautiful blend of Rascal Flatts meets Journey meets Chicago, not to mention having the best of the best in the production, recording, and mastering department. A team of all current hitmakers," adds Jason Scheff.
Be sure to follow the band on social media (links below) to stay up to date on announcements about live shows, new singles, and of course, the release of the debut album on August 5th.
“Generation Radio” Tracklisting:
1. Why Are You Calling Me Now?
2. Angels
3. All Night To Get There
4. I Hope You Find It
5. Time To Let It Go
6. Lights Go Out In Paradise
7. Don’t Go
8. Smoking
9. Anything But Us
10. Waiting On Your Sunshine
11. Finally Got It Right
LINE-UP:
Jay DeMarcus
Jason Scheff
Deen Castronovo
Tom Yankton
Chris Rodriguez
Social Media:
https://www.facebook.com/GenerationRadioBand
https://www.instagram.com/generationradioband/
https://twitter.com/genradioband
https://www.generationradio.net/

Quelle: Frontiers Music FB

jensi08

Beitrag von jensi08 »

chhe66de hat geschrieben:
Di 7. Jun 2022, 07:51
Gefällt mir.
Ist das Jason Scheff ?
Chicago fand ich immer schon gut. Vor allem eine geniale Live Band, wenn auch in Deutschland rar mit Auftritten. Ist auch wie bei Foreigner bei denen entschuldbar, dass so gut wie keiner mehr von der Orginal Besetzung dabei ist. Klingt trotzdem immer noch authentisch.
Ich will nun kein Schlaumeier sein, bei Chicago sind noch drei Gründungsmitglieder am Start. James Pankow, Lee Loughnane und Robert Lamm. Zuletzt ausgeschieden sind 2017 Walter Parazaider (Alzheimer) und 2016 Jason Scheff. Wegen Scheff hatte ich nachgeschaut, ob das der junge Mann war, der Peter Cetera 1985 als Sänger ersetzte. Jo war er natürlich, mit damals 23 Jahren. Ich war 22 und erinnerte mich schwach daran.

Heiko

Beitrag von Heiko »

djrene

Beitrag von djrene »

Auch wenn das aus dem Hause Frontiers kommt, das klingt halt so wohltuend anders, als deren sonstiger Einheitsbrei.

Frank

Beitrag von Frank »

Ich hab auch eine Schwäche für Chicago und deshalb gefällt mir das. Daumen Hoch..

djrene

Beitrag von djrene »

Antworten